The Google Translate app lets you get instant translations while traveling around the world so you can also use it to translate words that come to your mobile. Full sentences can also be translated by capturing a photo or pasting selected text in the application bar. If you are a beginner, you can always take an extra tour on Google Translate.
- Type and translate into 103 languages.
- Tap to translate: Copy text to any application and your translation will pop up.
- Offline: Translate 59 languages if you don’t have internet.
- Instant Camera Translation: Use your camera to instantly translate text in 38 languages.
- Camera mode: Take pictures of text for high quality translations in 37 languages.
- Conversation mode: Translation of bilingual instant speech in 32 languages.
- Handwriting: Draw letters in 93 languages without using the keyboard.
- Fresbook: Star and save translations for future reference in any language.
Google Translate can be a very effective app for frustrated travelers. When traveling to non-English speaking communities such as China or Japan. You can always popup your mobile and translate for initial communication like getting directions or asking. The Google Translate app will keep you updated when you travel to remote areas without a network.
When you download and install the app it has certain permissions such as:
- Microphone for speech translation.
- Camera to translate text through The camera.
- SMS to translate text messages.
- External storage for downloading offline translation data.
- Accounts and certificates for signing in and syncing between devices.
However, you still need to download and test the Google Translate app for yourself to retain the features. The overall performance and the results it offers are quite smooth and fast. If you don’t have the basics of the target language you need, it will definitely be recommended. Make your life really easy. Turn your head if you need help Google support.