There are three ways to protect your device. These are the “3 heads” of Cerberus:
– Remote control via https://www.cerberusapp.com website
– Remote control via SMS (text message) from another phone
– Automatic alerts
This application uses the permission of the device administrator.
Remote control allows you to perform many operations on your lost or stolen device, such as:
– Detect it and track it
– Lock the device with a code
– Start the alarm loudly even if the device is set to silent mode
– Display a message on the screen and also tell your device to say the message
– Record pictures, screenshots and even videos to identify the thief
– Get location history to see where the device was in the past
– Delete the internal memory and SD card to protect your personal information
– Hide Cerberus from the app drawer, so the app will be alert and the thief will not see the icon
– Record audio from microphone
– Get a list of the latest calls sent and received
– Connect the device to the cell phone network and WiFi network and get information about the nearest WiFi network
– Start a remote shell (like SSH) to execute commands so that a device is connected to your computer via a USB cable.
– And much more!
Cerberus can perform actions automatically if certain conditions are met. For example, if the SIM card is changed it will send an email / SMS alert (see the “SIM checker” section of the settings) and if an incorrect unlock code is entered it will email you a picture of the thief (section “Automatic photo” capture “).
You can also set your own rules, see the “Auto Tasks” section! From there you can set geofencing (alerts when the phone comes out or enters an area) and many more automatic actions and alerts.
From within the application configuration, you can enable some options to make it difficult to disable or uninstall the thief’s server. Make sure the “Device Administration” functionality and the “Protect Device Administrator” option are enabled. You can also block the power menu to let the thief turn off the device and block access to the status bar of the lock screen, so no one in Lollipop (Android 5.0) and later versions will be able to quickly change settings.
If you root your device, you can install Cerberus as a system application and get many additional features, including complete uninstall protection (Cerberus will survive a factory reset) and GPS auto-enable when you start tracking the device. See the help page on our website for more information.
The app works even if the device has no internet connection for remote control via SMS messages. Also, the SIM tester feature will let you know the new number for sending text if the SIM card is changed.
If you have an Android Wear smartwatch, check out the “Wearable Devices” section of the app settings: you’ll find a lot of useful and great features.
Please read the help page on our website (cerberusapp.com/help.php), it contains answers to frequently asked questions. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us with a feature request or a problem [email protected] And we will be happy to help!
Small bugfixes and performance improvements