* Works completely offline! No internet connection required! Perfect for your study!
Thesaurus with over 300,000 simple definitions including synonyms.
* Advanced Search System:
– Search inside definitions and examples
– Search using different criteria: word start, exact match or any string any
* Listen to definitions using American or British accents with Android’s built-in text-to-speech synthesizer.
* Read the definition of two font sizes. Optimized for phones and tablets!
* Saves your phone data. The app is automatically installed on the SD card if possible.
* Improve your vocabulary! The standard dictionary for American English synonyms, etymology, verbs, and more.
This application is supported by ads. If you like the app, please consider upgrading to an ad-free version to support development. Thank you
Q: How can I share a definition?
A: Just click on the translation for 2-3 seconds and you will be presented with a menu (email, SMS, etc.) with all available sharing in the dictionary options based on the apps installed on your device.
Q: How can I change the pronunciation of a speech?
A: Just go to Menu -> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 English pronunciations are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology may not be available on some devices. To check if your phone is capable of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input and output -> Speech settings from text.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling because roaming data charges can be very expensive.
This dictionary is based on:
– Webster’s Revised Unbridged Dictionary (1913), a universal domain resource.
– Wordnet, a logical reference system whose design is inspired by current psychological theories of human lexical memory. English nouns, verbs, adjectives, and verbs are organized into synonymous sets, each presenting the underlying lexical concept.
Minor bugs have been fixed for a better learning experience with your dictionary.