See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and much more!
Torque is a vehicle / vehicle performance / diagnostic tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 Engine Management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with your own widgets / gauges!
It can provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging using GPS so you can see what you are doing at any given time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like Scantoul. Helps you fix your car and keep repair costs low!
Torque also features:
* Dino / dynamometer and horsepower / HP and torque
* Transmission temperature can fall (go dependent)
* 0-60 speed time – more accurate than just using normal old GPS – see how fast your car (or truck)
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customizable dashboard and profile
* Video your journey using the track recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay – a black box for your car / truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to Twitter (for example if you’re on a road trip)
* Extensive fault code database for finding fault codes from various manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging data to web or email CSV / KML for analysis via Excel / OpenOffice Reader
* Head up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS based) which will not be subject to magnetic interference
* GPS speedometer / tracking and realtime web upload capability – see what you’re doing and your engine, one at a time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW and golf / Audi / seats etc. supported)
* Alarms and alerts with voice / speech overlay (for example if your coolant temperature drops above 120C while driving)
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Able to share screenshots on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email etc.
* AIDL API for third party apps, a simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like Motorola Zoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
OBD 2 works on any vehicle that uses the standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but may work for cars up to 1996) If in doubt contact your manufacturer first or look for ‘OBD2’ written on a large white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM / Vauxhall / Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW . Makes Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicles, European, USA, Far East, etc.
The app requires a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the car’s diagnostic socket that gives access to your phone. You can find a list of adapters at: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you bought cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapter from ebay / amazon, make sure you have good return policy with seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are Scantool.net adapters, OBDKey, and PLX devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters supported – search Google for them
More features have been added to each release – there is a forum at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/ – let me know if you want to add something and I’ll try to add it if possible! Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported
* Please note * Any report of hanging or rebooting after closing the app is due to a bug in the HTC device and Galaxy tab, it can be triggered using Pandora / Vlingo / other BT apps. Disabling Pandora’s new Bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC / Samsung needs to release a fix. Please contact their support and request a solution, thanks!