Tasker is a powerful tool for Android. It allows you to automate settings, actions and other aspects without the need to root your smartphone. This is a very good phone automation application but many people have complained that it is very complicated. This is very useful for those who are using older smartphones except the latest Android update.
Turn on the silent mode with the side screen down
You can quickly mute your phone without toggling the menu and then turning on the mute mode, leaving the screen aside.
- Open the tasker, go to the Profiles tab and click the plus symbol to add a new profile.
- Select the state, tap Sensor and then select Orientation.
- Under Orientation, tap Face Down. Then click the
After that, you need to set up the task that will happen if you put your phone down.
- Under the new function, tap on the plus symbol and give it a name.
- Click the plus sign to enter the Audio Action section in Performance Mode.
- Choose Vibrate for audio action and Vibrate for mode.
- Tap the
Check out your new test Face down Profile is on. Your phone will go into silent (vibrate only) mode whenever you place your face on a surface.
Decrease screen brightness at night
You can program the Tasker app to automatically reduce the screen brightness when it’s night time and you can’t get a screen flash while using your smartphone. Here’s how to set up screen brightness automation. First create a profile for your “Night Mode:”
Start the task, go to the Profiles tab and press the plus symbol to add a new profile. Then select the time and set a time-frame when you want to automatically reduce the screen brightness.
Next, set up the task to reduce the screen brightness in the middle of the night:
- Under New Task, tap the plus sign and name the task.
- In performance mode, select the plus symbol, select Display, and then tap Display Brightness.
- Set the brightness level (0 minimum settings).
After setting the profile with the timer, Tasker will automatically reduce the brightness of your screen during your scheduled time.