The Sonic Games that started it are now free-to-play and optimized for mobile devices!
Race at lightning speed across seven classic regions as Sonic the Hedgehog. Run and spin through loop-de-loops as you collect rings and defeat enemies in your mission to save the world from the evil Dr. Egman.
Joining the Sonic the Hedgehog Sega Forever Classic Games collection, a bunch of free SEGA console classics came alive on mobile for the first time!
– Optimized for Mobile Sonic The Hedgehog will now play widescreen at a smooth 60FPS providing unparalleled performance and the game’s legendary soundtrack has been completely recaptured.
– Go to the whole – Challenge yourself through the all-new attack mode
– New Playable characters play Tails and Knuckles as Sonic’s friends for the first time. Use their unique ability to fly, climb and glide around levels that provide exciting new ways to explore.
– Controller Support Sonic provides exclusive support for Moga, Niko, Xbox and all HID controllers on Android’s Hedgehog Power.
Sega Forward Features
– Free play
– Controller support – HID compatible controller
– Games published monthly – Download these!
– “Believe the Hype – This is the most observed, tidy and most exciting game you have ever seen” [97%] – Andy Smith, Sega Power # 22 (September 1991)
– “Don’t be discouraged, don’t repeat without addiction and enjoy playing to the fullest” [925/1000] – Gary Whita, AC # 47 (August 1991)
– “One of the best mega drive games I’ve ever played” [92%] – Rich Leadbatter, Average Machine # 10 (July 1991)
– Sonic Jam was the first release of Sonic the Hedgehog to give Sonic his spin dash step, which is back in this remake.
– Sonic the Hedgehog was also released on SEGA’s Mega-Tech and Mega Play systems in Arcades
– Rabbit and Armadillo characters were considered for Sonic before settling into hedgehog designs
– Although “Ovary” is Dr. Robotnik’s nickname in the West, he has always been known as “Egg” in Japan.
Classic Game Facts
– First published in the United States on June 23, 1991
– It took Yuji Nake about a year to complete the design of Green Hill Zone Act 1
– Spring yard zone and scrap brain zone were originally called sparkling zone and clock work zone
– Music composed by Masato Nakamura of true fame of dreams
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required; Ad-free play options are available with in-app purchases.
Except for users known to be under the age of 13, this game may include “ads based on interest” (for more information please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure) and collect “appropriate location data” ( For more information, please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5 LocationData Disclosure)
Sega. All rights reserved. Sega, Sega Logo, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega Forever and Sega Forever Logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sega Holdings Co., Ltd. or its authorized entities.