5K from RunDouble Couch goes to 5K app out of any other couch! It’s a complete training companion, starting from the couch to the 5K plan and taking you up to the half marathon.
Couch from 5K by RunDouble is the easiest way to meet your goal, to run 5K in just 9 weeks, but don’t despair, you can take longer if you need to. It follows the popular Couch to 5K plan, (don’t get confused with the alternative C25K plan), written by Josh Clark.
You choose the speed – from a gentle jug to a quick run and progress in your leisure weeks. Run three times a week, with rest days, and soon you will call yourself a runner. Put on your headphones, choose your own music and just follow the requests. Starting with just 1 minute of running at a time, it can’t be easy.
Couch to 5K is growing as fast as a workout like Zumba, simply because of the number of people who are turning their lives around. No gym fees, no expensive equipment, no special diet. You are just you, your phone and the road. Get out of there, get a couch on 5K and fit yourself.
Rundable now supports Android Wear, meaning you have stats on your wrist – no more heavy phone holders.
Rundouble Couch to 5K programs include:
– Couch from 5K
– Zero to 10K
– Five to 10 thousand
– 5K Improver – Interval training
– 10K event training
– Half marathon event training
– Change length “fun run”, from 1 km to 10 miles
All plans are free to try the first two weeks, then you can upgrade to lower the cost of a coffee. Funny runs are completely free.
– MyFitnessPal integration, and the only couch to 5K training app to post to your workout diary.
– Runs in the background, unlike some other apps that turn off when the screen is turned off.
– 5K from the couch persuades you to change speed while working on a training program.
– Tracks your time, distance and speed, announcing these to you at the end of each interval.
– Plays a playlist of your choice from your personal music selection. Or alternatively, use another app to play music.
– View your previous runs on your phone or on our website
– Additional speed updates at set intervals
– Half way marker
– Programmable speed alert (target speed)
– Support for heart rate monitors
– Web Services:
+ Track your progress
+ See your route on a map
+ See detailed statistics about your exercise
+ Post on Facebook, and share your success with friends